C isco Networking Academy In partnership with schools and organizations around the world, the Cisco Networking Academy program delivers a comprehensive learning experience to help students develop ICT skills for entry-level career opportunities, continuing education, and globally recognized career certifications. The courses also help students build 21st century skills such as collaboration and problem solving by encouraging practical application of knowledge through hands-on activities and network simulations.
Cisco Networking Academy teaches ICT skills to students from virtually every socioeconomic background and region of the world. Students gain the skills needed to pursue networking careers in a variety of industries such as technology, healthcare, financial services, fashion, and entertainment. Students also gain access to a global support group, career developments tools, and social networking resources.For More Information To learn more about Cisco Networking Academy, visit www.netacad.com
Goals: - You will gain practical knowledge, experience, and confidence in hardware repair and software installation, upgrade and troubleshooting. You will be able to identify the component of desktop and laptop parts, which will fully prepare you for COC examination.
Upon completion of the IT Essentials course, students will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Define information technology (IT) and describe the components of a personal computer
- Describe how to protect people, equipment, and the environment from accidents, damage, and contamination
- Perform a step-by-step assembly of a desktop computer
- Explain the purpose of preventive maintenance and identify the elements of the troubleshooting process
- Install and navigate an operating system
- Configure computers to connect to a network
- Upgrade or replace components of a laptop based on customer needs
- Describe the features and characteristics of mobile devices
- Install and share a printer
- Implement basic hardware and software security principles
Bisrat Ayalew: Cisco Instructor and Coordinator
Tewodros Alemayehu: Training and Consultancy Team Lead